Sunday, January 25, 2009

Resource Log 1/Reflection 1

Miami Museum of Science. (2001). Constructivism and the Five E's. Retrieved January 25, 2009, from http://www.miamisci.org/ph/lpintro5e.html#5es

This website is a little older and might tailor more to the grade school or middle school teacher, but I think that any teacher can find it useful for their classroom. It discusses constructivism and then lists the five E's (engage, explore, explain, elaborate, evaluate) and how the student and teacher can use them in the classroom. The site is interactive with the most beneficial information linked to the five E's. These links discuss what a student does that is consistent with Constructivism and what a teacher does that is consitent with Constructivism.

Overall I found this resource to be beneficial in the way that it did give me some ideas on what I am doing and if it was to be considered "constructive" in the classroom and what I can do to become more of a constructive classroom. I think that the site is much more suited for grade school or middle school teachers, but I did learn a little bit from it that I can incorporate into my classroom. Not a site that I would highly recommend to HS teachers, but if you give it a quick glance you might pick up a point or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment