Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Resource Log 15

http://earth.google.com/

Google Earth is a free site that offers many educational benefits. I teach ecology, taught oceanography in the past, and will teach earth science next year. I have used and will use this site in all of these courses. I can look at maps, read the text, and show my students all sorts of stuff but when they see it on google earth they really seem to understand it and want to seek out more information. They can see the world in 3D and it really interestes them. I like the tool especially for use in a constructivist classroom.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great technology tool to use in an authentic learning environment because it gives the students a "being there" experience without them actually/physically "being there". These ideas relate to some of the ideas presented in chapter 3 of our WikiText.

    ReplyDelete