Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reflection 5

My reflection covers a short video that I showed in class on Monday of this week. I used a site called TED.com and showed a 5:30 video over cephalopods. The video was actually a speaker (David Gallo) who was showing some amazing footage of deep sea creatures and cephalopods in their natural environment. What I learned from showing this video was that short video clips are so much better than showing longer clips which I usually show. I was able to show the clip, talk about what we saw, and actually go back and show bits and pieces of it again without wasting too much time. This was a great way to introduce a topic that usually is not that exciting. This links back to our class in that it introduces a topic and stimulates interest for those students to go out and build off of that knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that short clips work better. This is especially true in my classroom because I teach 2nd graders and they have a very SHORT attention span.

    ReplyDelete