Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reflection 6

Last week in Ecology I used Google Earth. We are talking about wetlands, and were focusing on the Chesapeake Bay . Most of the students had heard about Chesapeake Bay, but most of them also did not know where it was. I was able to use Google Earth on my Smartboard to show them exactly where it was and what river flowed into it, creating the estuary. Usually I'll just pull up a map showing the students the locations of various places in the lesson, but I tried this out and it was great. I was able to start on STL and move to the bay. They were a little more interested in doing it this way and it offered a little variety tot eh classroom. I think that I'll use this more often instead of maps or pictures. This was also nice in that it allowed the students to go out and explore more areas of interest. I mentioned the Mississippi river delta in another section of the lesson and they were able to build off of theri experiences and research into the delta as well as other areas we covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment