Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reflection 9

While I haven't tried anything new to reflect on, I have been thinking some things over about authentic assessment that I'd like to try in the near future. After reading over the website in my previous resource, I've really thought things over about how I teach. One of the biggest pitfalls in my teaching style is that I tend to go by the book and do all the traditional assessment for my students. I've been thinking and since I'm teaching a new course this semester I want to try to do some new assessment techniques, it might benefit my students a little more. I've read that authentic assessment uses more real life situations, which would make class more relative to my students. My forensics class in the future will try to incorporate a real situation labs to test my students retention. How I'm going to do this is still to be determined....but I'm going to try to make some changes for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment