Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reflection 10

I used the site discover.com last week when teaching about marine ecosystems. This site was great in that it offered lesson plans that deal directly with a video that I show. Usually I show the video and we discuss what we've seen, but this time I was able to do so much more. This lesson used the discussion and video that I have used in the past, yet it also gave me ideas of activities for the students to do via the interent and research. They were split into groups and researched all about coral reef ecosystems, the dangers that surround them, and what is being done to protect those precious habitats. Students were able to branch off of what they knew and build upon it. This was great in that it incorporated all that this class is about. We were able to effectively use the internet and technology as well as build upon previous knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment